Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Fears....

last weeks visit to AU was my last engagement for this year. in 08 I had 14 gigs and this year I end up with 15. this has been excellent considering how everyone has been seeing budget cuts. I knew it was only a matter of a before I and the disability world were more impacted by the economies.

I could understand the lack of interest for planning a speaker to come presenting at schools and organizations. To me it is more alarming how programs are being cut that help the disabled community. I just learned the rolling access fund by DDA will gone by the end of the year. This program could purchase equipment not covered by Medicare, insurance, and impossible to pay on a limited income.

Also MCIL is closing up within 3 weeks, this has been a great resource and advocate for the disable in Maryland. My fears are that the cuts will go deeper and our quality of life will roll backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment