Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A New Direction


I often get asked if I would ever teach art, I do not see myself in a former educator role.  It would be more like team teaching if I went into a classroom setting.  First because I would need an assistant for myself and that same person would most likely do the demos.  Secondly I do not feel like I know enough of the fundamentals of art to teach.
On the other hand in my later years at Towson U. my Professors would asked my to come lecture to their classes about my ideas on art.  What does art mean, people like to joke and say how easy it is to create art?  In reality being artist is hard as ass, what do you have to say and what medium do you use to say it.
My professors would also stop me as I rolled down the halls and pulled me into a crit.  This all makes me think about what it means to teach art.  Is it hands on showing people how to mix colors and what method to use to get the desire effect, or is it the exchange of ideals to push to the next level?
My approach to art is the second part of that question. I would like to know if anyone would be interested in taking art “lesson” from me? This could be done in person, or over the computer since we would be have discussion about your art. This might also get my own create juices flowing and maybe bring in a little $$$. I would not be able teach from the fundamentals approach, but I would be able to show you how to make your own language from art!

No comments:

Post a Comment