Thursday, February 21, 2013

SSI VS. SSA VS. SSDI

I received three good leads that I pasted along to my friend in order to help her gain disability benefits. My thanks goes to those that helped, I hope one of the leads pans out for her!
Posted 2/26/13

I am writing on behalf of a friend of my. My friend has been sick for two years of pain and other symptoms, one year of unemployment, and counting, with no real answers, treatments (even the pain meds aren't really holding), or expectation of recovery. She has had doctors say that they're out of ideas, that this will just be chronic, that this is just how it's going to be from now on. They have started their SSI/SSDI appeal process.

They agreed that the illness has "affected" their life, but said that my friend could still do parts of their job and that they were let go, because of missing work for appts or illness, being slow or inaccurate or making mistakes from meds and fatigue, etc.

Would you  have any thoughts, suggestions on hiring someone to fight for my SSA benefits, and possibly HHS as well? Thank you for your time and any advice that you could offer.  I also wrote the MD Law Center to see if they would also have any advice

Thanks,
Dan K.


Before one could receive SSA, do they have to be 100% unable to work?  If their medications keeps them from full filling all parts of their job, could fight to get SSA benefits?

What is the difference between SSI and SSA? Also what are the requirements to qualify for each?

Difference Between SSI and SSA 

Difference between Social Security disability and SSI disability 

About SSI 

http://www.ssa.gov/http://www.ssa.gov/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment