Thursday, May 23, 2013

Medical Assistance Personal Care Services Changes

Today I had my quarterly meeting with my nurse from Medical Assistance Personal Care Services program from Baltimore County Department of Health, Bureau of Community Health Services.  She informed me that there are big changes coming to this program in the next year. To me how she explained it, the program sounds more of a waiver deal and there will be a few ways to manage the funds. I could keep it as now and manage the funds myself, or go with an agency to help mange the funds.  The big change will be that my PCA will be pay hourly, instead of a flat rate per day.  If there are funds left in the budget they could be used to  make accommodations around your house, or buy adoptive equipment.

Has anyone else heard about this? As with anything it sounds good in idea, but there are always bugs to work out. Just as when everyone got excited about the New direction waiver, as a way to give the recipients more control of their lives'. it was a good idea until you saw the break down of the funds and percentage really went to one's care.  When I looked into it, I had more questions then answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment