Sunday, June 16, 2013

Computers Can Be A Bitch of A Mistress

I woke up yesterday ready for a full day of creativity on my video project. Wifey even made me a nice cup of coffee made with love.

To see how my project was coming along, I exported it as a quick time movie. I did notice it was a huge file compare to the previous exports, but this one had more layer and was longer.  So I opened they file and it was dragging and skipping so bad. I try to export it many more times and it was not any better. I even looked up what are the green and blue bars in After Effects, they have to do with RAM to preview/render your video. I started to flip out and getting frustrated that I do not have enough RAM, BUT I HAVE 9 GIGS!!!!

For fours hours, I was changing the RAM settings and it was not helping. So after dinner and snuggling Wifey for a while. I decided to give it another attempt to find the real problem with a free solution. In my search I typed export After Effects drags and whala I found what I was looking for at 11:06pm. The issue was my output settings were set wrong. After watching a clip, it ONLY took 2 clicks to fix the problem!

Do not even get me started about how many papers I lost during my first two years at TU. That was when my laptop double as  a communication device “attached” to a try on my chair. I will be rolling across campus and it will fall off crashing to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment