Thursday, July 18, 2013

Well This Sucks

I really liked this service, because one could use it through an IM app.   That way I could type the basic information I knew that I need to say, then I could cut and paste as needed.  To me this speed up the process for all.

SIPRelay® service will permanently cease on July 31, 2013
at 4 p.m. MDT.

We were grateful to provide the service for over 8 years and appreciate everyone who used SIPRelay. The new FCC compensation rates for IP Relay are too low to provide the quality IP Relay service our customers deserve. This is an unfortunate example of an FCC decision that was not based on the realities of the market and the needs of our SIPRelay users.

To continue using your SIPRelay number, you must port it to a different IP Relay provider. To find a list of alternate IP Relay providers, see http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/trs-providers.

This change does not affect SVRS®. If you use ASL, you can transition your mobile communications to ntouch® mobile!

If you prefer to voice for yourself, we encourage you to try CaptionCall.

No comments:

Post a Comment