Monday, August 12, 2013

My Reaction to: Don't Hate The Cure, Hate the Haters! @theseed9811

 I think it comes down to the quality of life. Some parents might want their children to have the same changes in life as they did and this can not be achieved while their child is disabled. I have been asked many time about the "Magic Pill" of I have always said hell no! I have three degree, live life as an Artist, have lovely wife and daughter. Not to say I been to the Oscar's and get to travel all over sharing my story. How many other able body people get to do that?

I do get nervous and sad when I about parents putting their kids through a experimental surgery, or treatment when it causes them pain and time from living life. For example, when I at Ridge school there were kids that missed school months at a time due to surgery to have there hamstrings cut. In order to have their legs be able to stand flat footed and most of the time it did not work. So was it worth them missing out on school and the social aspect for this surgery.

in recent years people have been doing experimental treatment with Botox. Lets think about this, they putting poison into one's body to relax/tighten muscles. None of this is permanent, so every few months you need another shot.

Why not use the same time, energy and funds to make their environment more accessible for their lives? To me that would seem more beneficial and for all. I just all of the money being spent on "Medicine" When it could use for long lasting accessibility!

http://theseed9811.blogspot.com/2013/08/dont-hate-cure-hate-haters.html

No comments:

Post a Comment