Sunday, February 2, 2014

Voice, Message and Marks



Just by knowing the little art world that I do, is seems that artists are becoming more aware of how unhealthy the old school of art used to be. Some people say you should start using mediums that are less toxic, some people even say do not even eat in your studio. I think one should be safe, but not to the point that you become afraid of the medium that you can become one with.

I have been fining myself in a search for new mediums that I can really put my marks in. For example, ceramics and pastels that I can use with my hands and really develop as layers, I feel that oil paints do not offer this to me.

Maybe I also see how technology is taking the artist hand from their work. Although it is still their voice and message, but how can you really tell who’s hand manipulated the Medium.

For my subject of my work is as important as how I create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment