Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art Blog, Perfect Studio Day

Last Tuesday Dena and I both got up early, she had to deliver some jewelry and I wanted to do some art. I just knew it was going to be a good art day when I put on my studio close and Dena started to make coffee.
I keep thinking of the scene from Pollock where his “wife” handed him the coffee as he goes out off the house and changes his shoes when in the barn. Dena and I used to do the same routine when I was in grad school, but I had a longer walk.
I worked for 6 hours, so I could finish the piece that was just waiting for me. I took my phone with me, in case I wanted to text. The only thing I didn’t have was music, the iPod was dead.
After working I cleaned up and change into some sweats to relax the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. i just like drinking coffee while i do my art, it just gives me that little pick up that i need while i work. being that our coffee pot broke, the other day i told dena that we should just get instent coffee. i know dena would still make it taste good, because it is what she adds to it that makes the coffee good. she can make anything taste good, plus she does it with love.

    ReplyDelete