Friday, April 12, 2013

Talk About Double Whammy


Some how in our last move, I lost my painting head-stick. This was a double lost, because not only the head-stick was custom made, but also the brush holder on the goes on top too.  They each were design by difference places. My head-sticks have been made by an OT at Kennedy Krieger since forever. Up until 2004, when I wanted to use a different brush I had to wait for someone to change it for me. They had to un-tape one brush and re-tape another brush to the stick.

Then I was introduced to the wonderful people at VME, now V-LINC who volunteer their time to design equipment to make life a bit easier for the disabled. I knew it would be sample to get a new head-stick base from KKI. In fact, they can use the measurements for my lost visit and mail a new base to me.

When I contact V-LINK to get a new brush holder, this would be more challenging. It has been 9 years since the piece was designed and the person that I worked with move out of town.  They could not find my file; it was looking like the design process was going to start from scratch.

Some times it does pay to save years and years of emails, because I was able to find the designers email but it did not work. Being that we live in this wonderful world of social networks, I found him on Facebook.  He offered to call V-LINC and fill them in on the design on the holder. The ball is rolling down for a strike and is not going into the gutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment