Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How Long Does Plastic Really Stick Around?


Swallowing plastic is a weird sensation, when one does not have use of both hands other devices are used to open plastic and chip bags.  I have tried using the popping method; you push the air to one end until the bag pops open. You end up with a big mess, the contain flies out and most of it is crush.  On occasions both ends pop open, so you just have a food tunnel and keep eating until the chips stop falling out.

I end up using the hand and mouth method, the only problem is that sometimes pieces of bags get stuck in my teeth. It may take hours to work this little piece of plastic out with my tongue and/or by toothbrush. By the time I do get the plastic dislodge, it is to far back and end up swallowing it. I can feel the invader go half way down as it hits the side of my throat. I usually take a long drink to make sure it gets all way down.

3 comments:

  1. Dan,
    Thought of this blog post today when I was showing your HBO documentary to some students... when you made the microwave popcorn, it made me think of you eating chips (and the bag they come in LOL). I just want you to know that you are amazing, and I use your video and examples of your artwork in my curriculum at various grade levels (I am an art teacher in Ohio). Years ago, I bought one of your prints from the Phyllis Kind Gallery. I'm not good with technology or anything, but have recently started following your blog. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bader,


    Thank you for your post. I am glad to hear that you share my story with your students.

    ReplyDelete