Monday, May 5, 2014

Medical Management and Rehabilitation Services in Maryland

For those in Maryland, we are going through a change with how the PCA program is handled by Medicaid. The program used to be setting up just with a State  nurse who would deal with your whole case and come see you and your attendant 3 times a year.
Now the State is using a third party to have cases managed, http://www.mmars.com/ I think some how its suppose to improve services and save the state some money. Now PCAs can get paid by the day, or by the hour. Also when they arrive at your home, they need to call in to help cut down on fraud. I was also told, if there was money left in my budget, I could use it to make accommodations.

With all new things there are pluses and minuses, so we will just wait and see. I just hope, this is not as mess up as the New Directions Waiver, the more I heard about that the more garlic I put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment