Friday, May 2, 2014

VSU Trip Side Note

So I was talk how VSU pulled together to make the most of my visit. On my last day of working in the print shop a Poli. Sci. Professor come by to see me. It turn out that she has a niece in KY with CP. the whole family seemed to an admire of mine. So I decide to give her niece a collection of the print we had been working on during that week.  This is the thank you letter I received from the family when they got the prints:

Dear Mr. Keplinger,

Thank you again for taking time from your busy studio and class schedule to sign and send these artist proofs prints to my Emma.  It was beyond generous, and I cannot thank you enough, as a mother--most especially as a mother of a child with disabilities. I am always touched when adults take that extra effort to treat Emma kindly. 

Now, Emma is on cloud nine, literally.  She was surprised that she got multiple, signed prints, as you can see on her face! She has not stopped smiling and admiring her prints since UPS delivered them earlier today.   I am so glad that my cousin, Mandi Bailey, from VSU, was able to come by and meet you for Emma.

Not only are you talented, but you are kind, generous, and compassionate.  You are such a wonderful role model for children. All children!  She thought you were the greatest before you gave her this art;  but now, you have an admirer for life.

I attached some photos to you earlier, via a Facebook message. I have attached some links to video clips herein.   In the videos, Emma shares her initial thoughts on receiving the prints from you, and then she thanks you.  We thought you could understand her better if she used her device!  I hope they work!  

The links, via You Tube:





Thank you again.

With our deepest gratitude,
Amy and Emma Davidson


No comments:

Post a Comment