Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Oaks, The land of Oz

The second question this week comes from Dino and he asked what is one of your favorite memories of The Oaks?

For those who do not know the Oaks is where I lived from the age of 5 until I moved on campus at TU and still live 5 minutes from the Oaks today. I have a lot of memories most of them are before everyone started smoking and other stupid shit. Here is a couple that just sticks out. For example, playing wiffle ball in our front yard and the homerun balls would end in the basketball courts be hide Charlie’s house. I would be having so much fun that I would pee myself, because I wanted to stay out. This was before the electric chair days, so I was still was crawling around.
The other memory is when I did have the power chair and pulled everyone up the hills on their skateboards. One night we were up at the Wiz riding around and I tried to make my chair do bunny hops by running into the parking blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment