Friday, July 25, 2014

The True Humanity of Art



My studio at TU is next to the Ceramics Art Camp, they are about middle school ages campers. I need to remember that before I blast some old school NIN, anyway yesterday I had my work out on the floor looking at it. I was still in my chair and one of the campers froze at the door staring at my work and not at me for once.  Later that that day Brianna and I went over to the teacher and offer her to bring the students over next week to see how I produce my art.

When people see my art on the wall, or online it does not scream I am disabled so you better like my stuff! They just have a connection to the work and are more likely to approach me since we have command thread. I see art as the bridge between the disabled community and the able body world. When it comes to art everyone has their own style, art is just a vehicle to bring people together and share ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment