Sunday, October 25, 2015

Accommodations Fund Through CFC/MMARS




I found out that the state denied my request for funding to make some accommodations around my home through the CFC program. I was asked for items as remote door looks, door opener/closer, and a Bidet` toilet seat.  I was told we get $1,500.00 over 5 years to making living accommodations, but now they stating that this funding has to be medically related items. As they requested, I had an OT come for an environmental assessment and recommendations, not a medical one. I am waiting for the official denial letter.  I hope it gives me examples of what the item this funding could be used for.

I would at least think at least think a bidet toilet seat would fall under a medical  issue. I mean if you cannot keep base clean, it could lead to soars and infects.  I am meeting with my MMAR's person Thursday to see what my options are for appealing their decision.  I wonder if they had change they rule in the mist of play, because too many people were dipping into this pot?  have any of you other client of CFC/MMARS found your solves in the same predicament?

Below you will find a copy of the COMMA "laws" that my request for home was denied by.  To me, it seems more of a catch 22, they want you to be more independent, but only if you don't have people around to help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment