Thursday, October 17, 2013

Great Minds....

I was just typing up some answers for a newspaper article and had the question about the artist I look at. So I looked up Chuck Close, because he has always been one of my staples even before I learn that he was disabled. The reason why I always related my work with my is because of the style he works in, a lot of his work is huge and made up of smaller shapes. So up close you cannot see the whole picture until you are half way across the room.  Just as my pieces, you do not get the impact of my work until you see them from a far. But up close you can see each mark I make.

 Chuck Close in August 2012 with Obama I and Obama II, two Jacquard tapestries published by Magnolia Editions. Photo by Donald Farnsworth.

This is a portrait of President Odama, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment