Saturday, October 19, 2013

It Was The Freak'n Padding





Since I got the new brush holder for my head stick, it seemed top heavy and I knew I had to get it fix before the 30th. Thanks to Susan at KKI, She was able to slip me in for a late Friday afternoon appointment.  The idea of my head stick being top heavy was only the tip of the problem, because every time I would lean forward the whole thing would slide off my head.  Even after Susan moved the top piece backward to balance the weight it would still slide around on my head.

The  next idea that Susan had was to change the foam padding inside and that fixed the problem.  She gave me thicker foam that took the shape of my head that created just enough friction to hold my head stick in place.  I wonder when I go bald headed, we might have line the inside with dycem.

Dycem- Used by many occupational therapists, physical therapists and healthcare professionals as an effective anti-slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment