Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Is Your Opinion

When we moved into our new house I knew the neighbors would have issues when I started back with my art. I thought it would be over smells, not because of noise. Also to remind you we do live with Dena’s ex-husband Mike. Last summer Dena and I was in the carage and started to talk with our neighbor, it was like an introduction to Dan. I have C.P. and have a career as an artist, so I work at home.

This really started on Christmas Eve, mike goes away and we would were having company. Dena Started cleaning, her back was hurting, so I took over the laundry. Our laundry room is on the third floor; I went from the second and third floors many times that night, but was done by 11 p.m. The next morning he stops one of our guests and says we kept him up all night going up and down the stairs until 2 a.m. also we are lucky he does not go to the home owner association about us. Then Mike gets home and the guy next door tells him what happened. This is making me feel like we are back in high school and telling on us.


In my studio there must be a floor Joyce loose, because when I crawl around the floor squeaks. During the time I was making work for my new show I never worked past 8 at night. Although I did reasonable hours, he complained many times to Mike about the noise. He never speaks to me about this issue, because I will tell him different. They do have a new baby, but never expressed that the noise was disturbing their baby just him.

I did get a chance to say that I was helping my wife with the laundry on Christmas Eve and he just blew that off. When we had the big snow, he came to help dig out our car. I wanted to explode, because I knew he was being fake. Dena thought he was apologizing, but he did not disappoint. A few days later I was doing art and he comes knocking again about the noise. He is basically telling me what I can do in my own home, if not being discriminating.

The same neighbors now have their house up for sale. He has express concern to Mike about noise from the bathroom project, during his open houses. Most people looking at homes like to know that other owners maintain the surrounding places. You can tell this guy is uptight and does not like others to challenge him. For the people that know me, maybe you should send your condolences his way.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, I am very Proud of you for standing up for your rights, I feel really bad that this neighbor is bothered by your daily living, I am just thrilled to death that you do get up and around, and out of your chair, and function like everyone else does, I have personally seen how you get around, and I am so proud of you, and so happy that you can get around as good as you do, and I think this CHUMP needs to get a life. IF he dont like the fact that maybe you do make some noise getting in and out of your chair, then to bad, let him move. I cant believe anyone can be so darned cold hearted. God bless you Dan, Your a wonderful Person, and friend, and if he dont like it.... Tough SHIT!

    ReplyDelete