Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shippensburg University Trip

Dena and I got off to an early start since the crew came to start the bathroom project. We had no reason to stop until we were 20 minutes away from the campus. Then we started to hit a community yard sale. This was really odd, since it was a Thursday. We drove around and stop at 5 houses and found some goodies. Then we started to see signs for the elephant museum, but the real treasure chest was right before it.

This property look like from American Picker and our camera was not charge, so no pictures on this trip. We spent about 40 minutes looking around this place.

We get to the hotel 4 hours later, have dinner with a group of professors and went to do the presentations. This was the first time so many departments got involve to bring me to campus. Sociology, Psychology, Education, and Art Departments we really do not see this on other campuses. Dena and I really must have done a superve job, because I am still getting hits on Facebook from students at SU.

The next day we went to visit a couple classes at the Elementary School on campus. The plan was to take some questions and I would paint with the kids. The student were asking such good questions that we ran out of time to paint. I did do a quick drawing for the class, so they could see how I work.

We ended up our visit with lunch with Alison, the Professor that organized this trip and soon a to be student. I think his name is Jeremy, he attends classes but working to become an official student. Jeremy’s goal is to become the first President with C.P. I think it is good to have this goal, but I am sure he will be more remember for the things he achieves on his journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment