Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How PCA Services Be Transfer State-To-State

This happen before the age of social networks, when people used emails to dig things up.  When I was looking at schools for my MFA, I did look at out of state schools. I did accepted to Chapel Hill with a full ride, the problem was getting my PCA services paid for while I was at schools. Weeks before school started, I decided to to give my free ride since the only way either state would pay for my PCA services would be through  the legal process.

I have a friend who is thinking of moving from one state to another. Can anyone tell us the process of transferring PCA services? Is this even possible and how long does this take?  I was told services can only be transferred after one becomes a legal resident of the new state and that takes six years?

Thanks for the advice!

here is one answer to the question:

"It depends on which state you are talking about.
The best way to find out is to google, "Community Based Services " & which ever state you are interested in.  I'd find the administrating organization and give them a call.  I do think they would have to be in the state for services to get started, but it should in way be close to 6 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment