Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Robotic Exoskeleton



The Robotic Exoskeleton must be the new trend around the world, but how practical is it. Right off the bat I do see the benefits of being able to reach up high, but how independent do they really make a PWD? Can one take it on and off by their selves? Would one be able to walk up stairs, the biggest concern I can think of how long some can use them without getting tired, or  hurting their body.  I am assuming most candidates for the exoskeleton would be some paraplegics, after so many years in chair the old body does not work as it use to.

My head stick really did not give the independence that I do have today, until I could take it on and off myself. Their is a difference between being setup to do a task, then having self-efficacy

Rex, the robotic exoskeleton.


No comments:

Post a Comment