Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Every Great Man Needs A Great Woman

Contact
YouTube

               Facebook    Gallery    Twitter




This was one of our stops on our Honeymoon...
Dena and I stopped for 2 or 3 days in Springfield ILL, the home town of President Lincoln. We always try to find cheap hotels, that are night too much of a scratch n sniff. Cheap hotels means they are not accessible, but we always make due.
We stayed at a place called the Lincoln Ledge. We get up the next day to play tourist, but before we do. We needed to go find a place to fix the seat of my wheelchair. That is a story for a future blog. After fixing my chair, we make our way to the Lincoln house a museum. The house was more accessible then I thought, they give disabled people private tours and take them in the block off areas of the house. Although I could not go up stairs I touched the same railing that the Lincoln's use to climb the stairs. Also I saw pictures of the up stairs. After the tour the staff took time to talk with us and that is part of the video you see.
From we went to the museum and the Lincoln Memorial. The most interesting thing I found at the memorial is that the lock of the back gate is stuffed with pennies.


No comments:

Post a Comment