Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Artist Way


For years people have been saying I need to find an easier way to create my art. As I get older they think my body is going to give out from sitting on the floor in the W position and always using my neck to paint and draw. It is almost impossible to find a dress shirt that fit, because my neck is so muscly.

Being a true artist and pushing myself the next step with my medium by using my hands, I have gone the opposite way. By using my hands to draw, it puts my whole body in motion. I call it the “perfect chaos”, because it is controlling the uncontrollable.  When I first started to drawing with my hands it was so frustrated, that most people would have asked why and just give up. I know it would be worth the struggle and just another challenge for myself.

So why do it, if it causes me pain mentally and physically? I enjoy the process and the results; I enjoy the ability of work the chalk on the surface and building layers as I blind them together, or push and pull them apart. For me, everyone can see each mark that it take to create the peace that come out of a fire storm of activity.


New drawings

No comments:

Post a Comment