Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Artist's Mediums By Seasons



I am a seasonal artist when it comes to my mediums, although oils is my medium of choice I do not like to use it during the hot months. When i do paint I like dress in pants a lot shirts to cover up as much as I can. Even when the paint feels heavier when it is hot, plus it is nice to changes mediums every few months since the each can offer a different quality to the subjects you are working. Also one medium can trigger an idea to try with another medium.

 I often spend the warm months working with pastels and when I was at TU, I would do ceramics. Even with those mediums I would sweat my buttock off  As an artist, it is interesting how different factors can effect one work. My best days of working are when it is raining, or snowy.

No comments:

Post a Comment