Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Little Tour of Chengdu China

Before our events officially started Greg and Angie had time to take us to the town's garden and a market. Greg has been traveling Asia for 30 year as an Artist with a disability and met his Wife, Angie 17 years ago. We know it would not be easy going through the garden and shrine, but it was worth the task. When we did get stuck, surprisingly there was no problem getting help. For example, Greg would ask some guys to help get my chair up some stairs, he would just get to say "can you help my" and each time two, or three guys would just lift me and my chair up. The four of us were not expecting this willingness, but it was welcoming. We then went through a market for the experience, there was a man and his Wife that made decorative gourds. He wanted to give me one, not out of pity but as a sign of respect from one Artist to another. It turn out that he saw my artwork in the local paper. The gallery opening that I was invited to for is part of a bigger Art Festival that runs until the of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment