Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Disabilities As Characters

Very interesting article,It can be amazing that most of society still see PWDs as someone needing to be taken care of, or always need to be watched. Think about it, in a span of less in 12 hours I have experienced being kick of hotels for not having PCA with me, or kick out of a bar for "being to drunk" when I just have CP. Then hours later I could be honored for my art and speaking out for PWDs. Maybe since people know movies and plays are scripted and can be fiction, after 2 hours people still go back to old mind set of "what it is to be disabled"?  I will be disabled for 42 years Monday and I am trying to figure it out!

I always say, I can just change one mind at a time then I am still doing my job.

We wouldn’t accept actors blacking up, so why applaud ‘cripping up’?

No comments:

Post a Comment