Monday, March 15, 2010

KSU Engagement


All my life I have meant people that the connection is just there. For the third time Dick Stanford asked me to come to GA, this time to present at KSU. Since we were so close to FL. We just had to take the trip with Michael to WDW. Then Dena decided to bring her friend, Miss Julia that she takes care of. Given this as the case; we had to bring some help with us. So Pamela and T.C. were brought on board for this adventure. The drive the accessible van with 2 power chairs and all of the luggage.
We were lucky that Dick let us stay in his condo, a few blocks from Underground Atlanta. This condo was so beautiful and Olympians used it when the City hosted the Olympics. We really over stayed our visit, because the place was so comfortable.
Our engagement was at KSU it was so well done. They scheduled the reception before I spoke. It so happened to be in an area that hung a student art show from high schools from across that state. I was very impressed by the work that I saw. I also like the fact that they served virgin apple martinis instead the usual lemon aid.
I want to thank Adam for his hard work for making this event possible. He was the one who talk to Dick about having me come to the school. Adam also had research different resource of funding to sponsor my visit.
So who is that guy on top of me on the floor? That would be Carlton; he had me come speak at EU a year or two ago. We just hit it off, after that gig. We ended up going to a club until 3 a.m. then danced in the parking lot of the hotel. We had not seen each other since then, I just have no control even when the spot light is on me. From the Oscars to seeing old friends, when the king is happy everyone knows it.
Most of our trips are about meeting new people and learning how the film impacted them. This time it was about reconnecting with good friends and enjoying great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment