Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Drawing Surface

I think I found a good way to draw that is good for my medium and my body. I paint sitting on a thick foam mat the size of a queen bed; it is too soft to draw on when I use my hands. I tried using a drawing board, but the size is limited and my knees just end up on the board. So that defeats the purpose of the mat. Also it is a little too hard to work with the medium.
Next I just put the canvas on the floor directly. This solved most of my problem, but ultimately it is too hard on my knees. The other day I went for a walk and someone was moving and had a for give away pile. I took a gym mat, it work better but still not enough padding for my knees. Today I tried the gym mat on top of the big one and its golden. My body is happy and I have a good surface to draw on. Talk about the princess and pea…

No comments:

Post a Comment