Monday, April 5, 2010

Is there a perfect roll/wall in shower?

Giving the fact that Dena and I do a lot of traveling for work and pleasure. We see many types of “accessible” bathrooms; some are tub with a seat and grab bar. For this I’m taking the full shower.
The two things that most hotel showers have in commend:

1. Water gets all over the floor and makes it slippery for everyone. Even if it is a shower unit.
2. If the whole bathroom/shower is tiled, the same tile is use all around. This makes everything slippery and makes it most frustrating.
This weekend we stayed at a red roof and they had the best idea for the drain. It was the whole length of the shower. The drain is made by zurn I could not find a picture of it. The floor still got a little wet, I also wonder if water remains in the drain between uses?
When my grand mom was in the hospice, I saw the non-slip flooring for bathroom. I really found it useful, it was in one piece in the whole bathroom.
I do not like wall-mounted seats; I have broken a few and most places but them too high. I do like the multi grab bars and multi showerheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment