Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Can I be The Artist With The Missing Tooth?







For years everyone in my network have been trying to find a dentist that would be willing to work me.  I am taking about people from family, producers, my Dr., to my Service Coordinators and UC2.

Everything we tried always fall through. I remember the last time I tried to see the Dentist was at the UMAB Dental School. The producers of King Gimp set this up, because they are connected to UMAB.

So I got back in the exam room, in the chair. They looked at me and said it was to risky to even put a tool in my mouth since I move so much.

About two months ago my front teeth started to come very loose, so the dentist hunt was back on. Then my Mom discovered that there is a new dental school special patient clinic at UMAB. I hated the thought of trying another clinic; because they ripped my mouth up worse doing the work then the pain would be from the actual dental work.

I went anyway yesterday, although I felt that nothing would really get done.  I got in the chair and to my surprise they did an exam and they were willing work with me. Let take breaks when I got tired of keeping my mouth open. My Mom did let them know about the film of course, also that I not only have two B.S. Degrees and a M.F.A., but also that I ski black diamonds in order to let them know the person inside on this tornado of a body.

My Wifey said it best; my body is as when you put a racehorse in the gate. The longer the pin it up, the more is just wants to run wild. Even though the dentist was in his fifth year, he kept consulting with his instructor. So the big question was to go ahead and pull the tooth while I was awake. Their biggest worry was that I could inhale the tooth and it would go into my lungs.

They think the reason why my tooth came so loose is that the bone deteriorated. When the bone goes then the gum pulls away from the teeth.  Then stuff gets in there so the gum cannot grow back. I ask if this would happen to the rest of me teeth. They could not really say since it was not cause by decay.  Being that the gum could heal, it only took a second to decide to pull it.  I said at least I would have a new hole for me straws.

The moment I said do it, they changed out the dental assistant. Until now it was a female helping us, they knew my body would become a beast. So they started to give me the gas. I also said, it might help to cover my eyes so I could not see them working and they did.  Before the instructor came back in to do the deed, I told the guys they should pocket my tooth and put that shit on EBay.

So I had three people there to help hold me. Before the Dr. started, she even said ok we are going jungle style. As to say once she started pulling, there was no stopping. She did give me a double shot to novocaine. The whole process felt like it took seconds.

Even though, I just had a tooth pulled both my Mom and I said that was the most delightful dental visit we ever had! I do not know if, I want to mess around getting a fake tooth.  If Van Gogh can be an artist with missing a freak’n ear, why cannot I be an artist with missing a tooth?

No comments:

Post a Comment